Posting ID: JP-002660166
Actalent is seeking a Lab Assistant in Vancouver WA.
The Research Assistant supports the laboratory needs to maintain the R&D lab space, perform R&D research projects under the supervision of Principal Investigator. This role will mostly focus on sample preparation, running instrumentation, and managing & analyzing data. Will also be involved in general lab housekeeping.
• Preparing samples used for assay development and validation
• Organizing materials and paperwork for research projects
• Performing experiments
• Equipment validation
• Processing clinical samples accurately and efficiently using laboratory equipment
• Makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results
• Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses
• Prepare reagents and supplies for experiments
• Maintain the lab space, including cleaning, inventories
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Training will take anywhere from 1-3 months, depending on how long it takes the research assistants to catch on/learn the instrumentation.
• Post training, they will take a competency test. Once they pass this, they will be able to work individually and leave the training
Day Shift (2 openings):
• Day 1: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Open to other schedules too. Ex: Sun - Thurs or Tues - Sat)
ELISA, BSL-2, blood, Laboratory, Biology, Biochemistry, hematology, medical laboratory, clinical trial, microbiology
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Science (Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
• 1-2+ years of hands-on experience, post education
• Need knowledge of ELISA (enzyme amino assay)
• Experience working in a BSL-2 certified lab
• Need to have experience handling/processing blood and infectious diseases
• Proficiency in Excel and Word
• Experience with single and multi-channel pipettes
• Clinical lab experience, not required
• CLIA/CAP, not required
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072