Accounts Receivable Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002660910
Are you an Accounts Receivable Specialist looking to take the next step in your career? If you are looking to join a team that does meaningful work addressing affordable housing and homelessness in our community, then we would love to meet you - Take a look at the below details, and apply now!
Perks of Working Here:
- Fully paid medical/vision/dental for employee and 90% for dependents
- WA Pension: 10% of your final salary for every year worked.
- Annual performance reviews w/ raises
- Full education reimbursement for any courses related to the job (BA, MBA, CPA etc.)
- Lots of upwards mobility: Senior Accountant or Financial Analyst roles, or anything you'd like!
- Opportunity to get train and get CPA if you'd like: Will work directly under the Finance Director who has CPA and can help train/mentor/develop
- Meaningful work that addresses affordable housing and homelessness in our community.
- Great work/life balance
- Performs a variety of duties in support of resident accounts. Researches discrepancies and reconciles resident accounts; generates reports and coordinates rent delinquency accounts as required with other staff.
- Bills affiliated nonprofit organizations for expenses incurred including, payroll, benefits, and other.
- Manages portable voucher accounts receivable activities.
- Reviews and prepares documents, generates invoices, reviews, records, and reconciles invoices and payments.
- Prepares a variety of journal entries related to assigned areas of responsibility and assists in the maintenance of accounting and bookkeeping systems and procedures.
- Reconciles daily bank deposits. Verifies information for accuracy, records deposits, and monitors monthly subsidies.
- Reviews accounting documents and payments to ensure accuracy of information, calculations, and authorization. Investigates and correct errors and submits reconciliations to higher level staff for reviews.
- Prepare periodic grant or other funding requisitions from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Assists with grant application and reporting requirements.
- Prepares and maintains tenant reports including Rent Roll, Vacancy Loss Journal, and Occupancy Report.
- Establishes and maintains various accounts receivable reports and schedules.
- Performs accounting tasks using technology including Excel worksheets, accounting systems, paperless technology and web-based internal and external systems.
- Prepares, analyzes and distributes a variety of complex financial spreadsheets, reports and other documents related to areas of responsibility.
- Prepares routine and complex journal entries. Reconciles balance sheet accounts. Reports changes, discrepancies, and other pertinent information to appropriate accounting staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and developing industry trends and innovations. Advises accounting and other staff regarding regulations, processes and procedures associated with the position area of responsibility.
- Consistently complies with position and department safety and attendance standards.
- Establishes and maintains positive, productive relationships with employees, residents, public officials, vendors, and other work related contacts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ year's of accounting experience (A/R preferred)
- Journal entry experience/exposure preferred
- Experience working within the public sector, especially HUD accounting experience preferred but not required
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Nicholas Clow