Quality Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002660086
-Will be 50% laboratory and 50% work that will involve going onto the manufacturing floor to pull samples to then test in the laboratory.
-Tests will consist of:
pH, moisture testing, mold, yeast, basic plating, beverage plating and sugar testing. They will also occasionally pull samples from the incubator and perform package integrity testing (verification that product packaging is structurally sound).
- Generate accurate data from testing throughout various checkpoints.
- Quality checks will include color, counts, customer samples, flavor, appearance, defect analysis, weights.
- Inspect labels, dates, product codes, descriptions, and UPC codes
- Complete paperwork and record detailed information from shifts and report any deviations to management team.
- Work closely with the line operators and press operators. Help them learn the quality protocols and ensure the operators are following procedures correctly.
- There are over 200 different products/SKUs and ingredients, so there will be a lot of details to learn and pay attention to as far as labels, codes, packaging, lot numbers and batch record review.
laboratory, testing quality assurance, biology, microbiology, quality, HAACP, FDA, plating, mold, yeast
Top Skills Details:
laboratory, testing quality assurance
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
BS Degree in a Scientific Field or 1 year Experience as a QA in the industrial setting with food or pharma.
Experience with HAACP or regulated industry experience is a plus.
Proficient with Microsoft Office
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072