Desktop Support - Tier 2
Posting ID: JP-002663029
IT Desktop Support Technician
The IT Desktop Support Technician is responsible for handling incidents through our enterprise level ticketing system. These tickets are primarily hardware and software related issues for Windows PC's and workstations. This includes break-fix hardware swaps and repairs, software diagnostics and in-depth application troubleshooting. You are responsible for using SCCM to deploy images and updates. Experience patching and writing scripts is preferred. The IT Desktop Support Technician is also responsible for using remote access tools to solve issues for remote end-users.
- Setup, configured, imaged and upgraded new and existing equipment from Windows 7 to Windows 10 OS
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware related issues including hard drive, keyboards, printers, monitors, etc.
- Technical skills: virus removal, reformatting drives, reinstalling windows, software updates, driver updates, installing graphics cards, CPU updates, installing software’s/anti-virus, installing firmware, printer network setup, router/modem setup, and installing wireless cameras.
- Printer maintenance and troubleshooting server codes, drivers, and network connectivity issues
- Understanding user's technology issues by asking probing questions, listening, asking clarifying questions, taking detailed notes, and providing accurate time estimates for next steps
- Help drive a positive customer experience by building relationships, exhibiting empathy, and providing solutions for their needs.
- Monitoring queues and providing accurate status updates
- Clearly communicate and partner with team members
- Data transfers
- Software installations
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Supported Windows 7,
- Windows 10 reimaging and OS installations/repairs
1-2 years of formal corporate level IT Support / Desktop experience
Experience with Active Directory and Ticketing System Windows 10 OS update / imaging experience
PC build or break-fix experience
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072