Power Electronics Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002665093
We are looking for a power electronics engineer for a company in the Milwaukee Area. If you are open to a role please apply!
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with mechanical/electrical principles, test equipment, product life/performance test procedures and methods.
- Proficient in using data acquisition equipment such as Agilent data buckets.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, engineering drawings and PCB layout files in an environment such as Altium.
- Experience with downloading microcontroller firmware to the target in a variety of embedded development environments.
- Knowledge of test concepts in the design and development of products and components.
- Experience with using environmental chambers.
- Capability to lift and manipulate 30lbs.
- Interest and ability to use power tools to simulate consumer usage.
Experience we prefer you to have:
- 5+ years of experience in power electronics design including switch mode power supply topologies, inverters, and semiconductor component selection.
- Firm understanding with EMI/EMC concepts including identification of sources, transmission paths and mitigation methods.
- Hands-on approach with proven track record of realizing designs/concepts into productions.
- Firm understanding with magnetic circuit design including: Transformer design, gapped energy storage devices and filtering components.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in analog circuit design and ability to view issue systemically for driving design trade-off discussion.
- Ability to research root cause failure analysis after all obvious ideas are exhausted
- Experience in analog circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Lithium Ion battery charging system methods and test environments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, rework, and repair chargers and live batteries.
- Test chargers and live batteries in methods that are consistent with best practices for lithium ion charging systems.
- Hand soldering of SMT and through-hole components onto prototype circuit boards.
- Operate various lab equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, data acquisition and e-loads.
- Collect data through various equipment and software programs.
- Perform tests per work instructions and other procedures.
- Prepare reports of test results and make recommendations.
- Create fixtures according to engineering needs.
- Provide updates to Engineers on tasks.
- Effectively manage multiple complex tasks to achieve desired outcomes and deliver to deadlines
- Under the supervision of senior engineers, design, prototype, test, and troubleshoot power
- electronics applications for medium to high complexity projects.
- Simulate, and validate various AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC topologies.
- Independently write test requests to the Laboratory based on established standard test procedures and prior examples.
- Create test plan and test report.
- Interact with suppliers to develop part/product specifications meeting performance requirements while falling within process capabilities.
- Provide candid, effective, clear, concise, and timely communications up, down and across the organization on progress, barrier removal and escalation of business risks/opportunities while driving appropriate actions based on priorities tradeoff.
- Demonstrate Milwaukee Tool’s culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work and driving to critical milestones.
- Drive urgency in project schedules and accountability for establishing and achieving key project metrics that meet the organization’s needs.
- Qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE, and ANSI.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072