Job Search & More
Posted Thursday, July 6, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003887048
The Design Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting in the design, build, documentation, tooling, testing, and troubleshooting of electrical machines, motors, and actuators assemblies within the Product Engineering group. Must be able to work well in a cross-functional engineering team environment. The technician would take direction from the engineering supervisor/manager, program manager, and other engineers but needs to be capable of managing the day-to-day work on his/her own.
This role is solving problems not only with new products, but lots of legacy products. Schematics could be obsolete and this role will be assessing, troubleshooting, repairing and may have to create a design and experiment to create a better product or fix the issue. There may be trial runs, conducting evaluations, documentation, etc. This role is looking at data and coming to a solution. Lots of analysis with failed units. Products such at Motors or generators. All electromechanical products.
• Participate in cost-reduction activities, component evaluations, design for manufacturability and other initiatives to support continuous improvement.
• Responsible for maintaining RMA/Re-work area and lab space/environment to include safety, cleanliness and working condition.
• Able to generate tolerance stack-up studies for mechanical components and assemblies.
• Able to properly scope Design of Experiments (DOE), perform the testing/experiments and interpret the results.
• To provide design and manufacturing input for assemblies during product engineering development and evaluation activities.
o Examples: BOMs, Routings, etc.
• 3D modeling (SolidWorks is a plus) for product design and tooling.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to use oscilloscopes, volt meters and fluke meters.
- Data acquisition experience
- Experience troubleshooting, testing, repair and solving problems
• Self-starter with good organization skills.
• Hands-on skills and knowledge of electromechanical assemblies.
• PLC or embedded programming (C/C++) skills a plus.
• GD&T skills is a plus.
• Works well with engineering, quality, purchasing, project management, and the build cross functional teams.
• Able to handle multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced work environment.
• Manual mill and lathe skills a plus.
Recruiter: Catherine Snow
Phone: (414) 214-6021