Microbiology Lab Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002663930
- Perform microbial analysis of water, environmental, raw materials, and finished product
- Enter implementation of test and test results in log books and data release forms
- Perform quality control checks on microbiological media
- Perform partial characterization tests on microbial isolates
- Maintain microbial stock culture collection
- Execute environmental monitoring tests, including swabbing and facility air monitoring
- Perform housekeeping duties in the laboratory
Biology, Microbiology, Aseptic, Plating
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Associate’s Degree with a strong emphasis in biological science. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Prior experience in Quality Assurance or Quality Control is preferred
Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and customer specifications
Ability to accurately document results of lab tests
Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to write reports and findings and present to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072