Posting ID: JP-002663276
- Create N/C programming as needed on a variety of machines based on production needs, improvement opportunities, customer demands, and other factors.
- Develop and maintain routings, process prints, manufacturing methods, tooling information, setup sheets, QC cards, and time studies for production operations. Support ISO 9000 quality standards.
- Assist with the implementation of environmental and safety programs that relate to manufacturing processes in order to maintain safe and healthy working conditions and to reduce or eliminate industrial and environmental hazards.
- Coordinate efforts with manufacturing, tool design, and process engineering, along with the Corporate Engineering department to develop the best processes for cost and quality.
- Provide cost estimates through analysis of labor, machining and/or assembly time.
- Design and recommend the purchase of tooling and fixtures.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other Technical Field preferred; or 2-5 years of specifically relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM, N/C programming, tool design, process design, and properties and techniques of metal cutting and heat treating.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes required; experience with gear manufacturing and experience with low volume, high tolerance products is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of CAD and CAM, NC programming, tool and process design is required; general familiarity with Data Acquisition Systems
- Experience with Solidworks or other 3D CAD systems.
- Lean manufacturing concepts, such as Manufacturing Cell creation, SMED, PQPR, and Standard Work.
- Experience with MasterCam
- Experience with milling
- DraftSight, and Fanuc Controls a Plus
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072