QC Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002157351
- The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety
- The QC Lab Tech is responsible for the analysis of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products manufactured or received with an emphasis on standard operating procedures and good laboratory practices
- The position must accurately & efficiently perform testing as well as data entry.
About the company:
- This position resides in the Quality organization of DFS Business Unit Cultures (BUC) North America. BUC is a global tier 1 supplier of dairy cultures and enzymes to the dairy foods manufacturing industry and as such sells products to some of the worlds largest dairy processors. The focus of this position is the routine testing of products in the Waukesha, WI facilities. The person in this position will interact with multiple business functions including R&D, product management, production, and QA.
- Analysis of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products according to determined methods to ensure they meet or exceed customer specifications for food safety and quality requirements
- Autonomous analysis required
- Accurate and timely data entry of test results
- Interpretation of raw data
- Ability to utilize aseptic technique and other essential lab skills
- Ability to troubleshoot testing issues
- Food Safety Management System Support
- Weekly auditing of areas through Environmental Monitoring Program; collect samples and test as required
- Periodic inspections for GMP compliance in production facility
- Champion Food Safety principles in daily work
- Maintain the laboratory and equipment in good condition and working order by following accepted laboratory practice and work instructions
- Prepare and maintain stock of laboratory media and consumables
- Continuous Improvement:
- Ensure methods are updated appropriately
- Identify and implement improvements within the lab role
- Participate on special project teams designed to improve production and laboratory processes.
- Quality Team Support:
- Gain proficiency in other lab roles
- Assist with various QA/QC functions as needed
- Strong teamwork mentality required
Complexity of the Job:
- Performing multiple tests at once; deciding on the priority of testing
- Planning/scheduling of variable workload of different types and operations
- Critical evaluation of test results and deciding if unusual circumstances or results warrant performing the test again or taking certain actions required in the work instructions
- Achieving teamwork to cover diverse, simultaneous requirements and /or absences
- Bachelors degree (Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, or related science) w/lab experience listed on resume
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in basic math skills
- Must to able to prioritize
- Analytical and statistical
- SAP desired, proficient in word processing program, preferably Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Other Essential Skills:
- Teamwork Skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to motivate self and others
- Ability to hold self and other accountable
- Ability to work well within a team.
Required level of experience:
- Proven ability in technical methods and aseptic technique. Strong experience with microbiological sampling techniques and testing methods. Previous experience writing formal documents such as procedures or lab reports.
- Knowledge of food safety and HACCP systems, SAP experience, one year of Quality experience.
- quality assurance, microbiology laboratory, lab technique, Lab Technician, GMP, Quality control, Laboratory, Qc testing, Microbiology
Top Skills Details:
- quality assurance, microbiology laboratory, lab technique, Lab Technician
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Lucas Klover